Wednesday, March 10, 2010

First Aid Kit's Debut Album Out NOW!

So it's been awhile since I've written anything on here. I'm kinda getting used to this having a blog thing. Anyway I just heard some of the greatest news that I fear my young heart can't take it. Brace yourselves.

Swedish lovelies Johanna and Klara Soderburg of First Aid Kit just recently released their debut album The Big Black & The Blue this past Monday, March 8th [Edit: Their single "I Met Up With A King" was released on March 8th, the album was released January 25th]. Now I first found out about them about a year/year and a half ago from Eardrums Music blog and I have to say they are ridiculously talented. The girls were about 15 and 17 at the time and had already released their debut EP Drunken Trees. Now they're a little older, a little wiser, and still writing awesome songs it seems. While their EP boasted "You're Not Coming Home Tonight" which describes terse end to a marriage, they got surprisingly even more mature with their first single from their new album "Hard Believer" with lyrics like "I see you've got your Bible your delusion imagery/I don't need your eternity or your meaning to feel free/I just live because I love to and that's enough, you see/So don't preach about morality that's just human sense to me". Check it out!:


If you like folk, haunting vocal harmonies, or even just good aptly written music check out First Aid Kit and maybe give their debut album a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment