Saturday, April 3, 2010

Justin Bieber to be on SNL

Saturday Night Live, the sketch comedy show is well watched and has had numerous musicians of high caliber on it, even helping to jumpstart the careers of some in the case of British jazz pop artist Adele. Widely popular but still tasteful artists like Beyonce, Rhianna, and Lady Gaga. Stellar musicians and singer/songwriters like Regina Spektor, Fleet Foxes, and Vampire Weekend. So imagine my surprise when I saw for Tina Fey's return episode on April 10th that her musical guest was Justin Bieber. Shock and appalled were only two of the emotions I felt. Especially after seeing Pearl Jam perform not moments before. This is only one example of the ongoing tween invasion as I saw Disney Channel star Demi Lovato on The Soup this past Friday. She didn't sing but the damage was done. As I watched as host Joel McHale let her promote her show on the Disney Channel I couldn't help but notice that my interest in the rest of the show drained. Don't get me wrong, I still finished watching the episode and I'm probably going going to watch that SNL because I love the show and consider them to be legitimate programs despite these small blemishes but chances are when it's time for Bieber to perform I'm going to either change the channel or leave the room. Nothing personal Biebs, I just don't think you're a legitimate musician and don't want to listen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment