Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pitstop: Joshua Sturm

Usually while the obscurity of my artist spotlights varies, the one link is that they're usually fairly successful touring or album selling musicians. Until now. You may remember me mentioning Joshua Sturm (albeit briefly) in my review of the Horse Feathers concert as Vassar College. Noting how awestruck I was with his guitar skills, what I didn't mention was that his playing and singing style reminded me of The Tallest Man of Earth, which I can only guess is one of his influences. I say guess because his Myspace has relatively little information on it. But while his Myspace has only about two songs on it, what I heard at the concert was an artist who shows great promise. So even though he's a student, I certain hope he plans on creating more guitar-driven folk and also that he posts more songs to his Myspace soon.

You can hear Joshua Sturm's music on his Myspace page here:
http://www.myspace.com/joshsturm

No comments:

Post a Comment