Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pitstop: Wolf Parade

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My discovery of Montreal rock quartet Wolf Parade was one of those happy little accidents born of boredom, I was in Barnes & Noble browsing the CDs when their latest release Expo 86 caught my eye. When I actually sat down to listen to the album, it was like an explosion of awesome sound in my ears. The only way I can think to describe Wolf Parade is old school Devo with garage rock-esque guitar. On my first listen, my interest wasn't truly grasped until the album's fourth track "Little Golden Age" probably due to it being the liveliest track at that point of the album but when my interest was grabbed, it was held and not let go until the dying strains of final track "Cave-o-Sapien"

Give Wolf Parade a listen with track "What Did My Lover Say? (It Always Had To Go This Way)"

No comments:

Post a Comment