Monday, June 6, 2011

Beirut premieres new single "East Harlem"

When Beirut started announcing tour dates, I foolishly didn't put two and two together. Tour = New Songs = Possible new album. I just thought he was going on tour for the fun of it and because it had been awhile. And then his latest track "East Harlem" surfaced. Which I wouldn't have known about without the combined effort of ListenBeforeYouBuy and Sam at MiddleClassWhiteNoise.

The new track could only be described as everything fans could want and more. It's a nice summery track featuring those lovely horn phrases with a reliance on the piano and Zach Condon's buttery vocals and vague hints of something resembling an accordion or concertina. If it's any indicator of how good it is, I've already listened to the track about 5 times since my discovery of the track around 10 minutes ago.

Hear the new track here:
Beirut - East Harlem by Revolver USA

No comments:

Post a Comment