Friday, March 30, 2012

The Dandy Warhols - "Sad Vacation"

It doesn't matter that I went through a pretty heavy Dandy Warhols phase in college, if you were to call me out on it I would totally cave and admit that my favorite song by them is also the theme song to Veronica Mars that most people probably know them by - "We Used To Be Friends". I'm not ashamed of it, it's a pretty good song. And yet after all but forgetting about them entirely (but remembering them mostly through Courtney Taylor-Taylor appearing on Anya Marina's Spirit School EP and Archie Powell & The Exports' energetic pop rock ) when it was announce they'd be releasing a new album I got ridiculous solid and not only because I dropped a Dandy Warhols reference the day before the announcement. 

Their ninth and latest studio album, This Machine, is due out in little less than a month and if the track "Sad Vacation" is anything to go off it might very well be packed from start ("Sad Vacation" is the opening track) to finish with jams upon jams. Welcome back Dandy Warhols, we missed you.


The Dandy Warhols' This Machine is out April 24th on The End Records. 

(via Stereogum)





No comments:

Post a Comment