Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Emby Alexander - "Drag the Long Way Home"

My discovery of Arizona's Emby Alexander is due, quite surprisingly, to Tumblr. For those that don't know, I have a Tumblr that I often forget to update and which pretty much features the videos and tracks that I post on here without all the writing I'm apt to do. Well today after posting video for the new Marissa Nadler and Kishi Bashi videos I got followed by Emby Alexander. Intrigued, I checked them out. Not bad. The group (which may or may not be a sextet) only has one track out right now but what a track that is. Featuring that sort of balmy tropical pop style that's made me love bands like Jonquil and Lord Huron, "Drag the Long Way Home" is a much-appreciated taste of summer that slowly builds atop a chorus of cheers, adding bit by interesting bit to create an infectious summer party jam that's also not too far from the realm of serious music. A new unexpected favorite.

Check out Emby Alexander's "Drag the Long Way Home":


No comments:

Post a Comment