Friday, May 11, 2012

Watch: The School - "Where Does Your Heart Belong?" + "Never Thought I'd See The Day"

Yesterday I thought to myself "Whatever happened to The School? They're about due for another album, I think". Seems like someone heard my inner musings and decided to pay up. Today British retro pop group The School offers up "Where Does Your Heart Belong?", the second single from their new album Reading Too Much Into Things Like Everything. The follow up to 2010's Loveless Unbeliever, seems like the new album is a continuation of the group's nostalgia-fueled love ballads. Which is more of a feat than anything- to resist the urge to royally shake things up or experiment with your winning formula too much. It might sound like a lack of risk-taking or stagnation but just listen to "Where Does Your Heart Belong?" or lead single "Never Thought I'd See The Day" and you'll anything but. Reading Too Much Into Things Like Everything seems to be more of the lovelorn ballads with top shelf arrangements that Liz and her crew do oh so well. That's not a bad thing. Not by a long shot. Watch the videos for the singles below.


"Where Does Your Heart Belong?":


"Never Thought I'd See The Day":


Seems like The School's Reading Too Much Into Things Like Everything is out May 15th on Elefant Records so be sure to pick it up.

(via Eardrums Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment