Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Grizzly Bear - "Sleeping Ute"

If you've followed any of my ramblings about Daniel Rossen on here, you're more than familiar that I much prefer Rossen's sideprojects and solo efforts to those of his actual band Grizzly Bear. Or at least I was fairly certain I did until now. For some time now the Brooklyn foursome have been working on their fourth album, the follow up to 2009's Veckatimest, and with the album now just about ready to see the light of day we're being treated to a sneak peek of it.

I use the word treat in every sense of the word as the new track "Sleeping Ute" combines many of the elements I thoroughly enjoyed about Rossen's projects (Silent Hour/Golden Mile, Department of Eagles) and brings them to the forefront of Grizzly Bear. The dizzying rush of intricate, nearly overwhelming arrangements that crackle with pop catchiness? It's enough to make a true Grizzly Bear convert out of me. Almost. I look forward to hearing the new album to see if that's indeed the case. "Sleeping Ute" has an insanely epic grandeur that fills you with complete awe as the winds and bends along, slowly unfurling it's tendrils and grabbing you tightly and closely after drawing you near with its come-hither coo. An absolute stunner of a track, really.

Listen to the first track from Grizzly Bear's upcoming yet untitled fourth album, out September 18th on Warp Records, "Sleeping Ute":


(via Under the Radar)

No comments:

Post a Comment